The 313 list only accepts messages in plain text.  I bring this up
on-list because a number of people have had bounces lately.  The last
time I brought this up I got some static from fans of HTML email.
Suffice it to say that this is a rule older than some children old
enough to have children of their own, and I won't change it.  That's
just how we roll.

The Classic work on the subject is http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Gmail can be a sneaky bastard (and isn't covered in the web page
above) about HTML email. If someone sends you an HTML email, and you
reply, your reply is automatically in 'Rich formatting mode.'  This
has been responsible for some cascades of bounces -- Person A sends a
message to Person B, and CC's 313. Person B responds to Person A and
CC's 313, and both messages to the list bounce.  Hotmail and Yahoo
also will play this track.

To avoid G-Mail problem, just look above where you're typing your
message, and make sure it says 'Rich formatting >'  -- this is where
you'd click to get a multipart HTML message.  If you're in HTML mode
you'll see a bunch of word processing icons, and at their right it
will say '< Plain Text.'