Fred Heutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Or, Greg, maybe you're the "Duke of URL" (ducking)

Anyway, it was Gene Chandler, not the Four Tops.
And according to Wikipedia, the word "Duke" is in
the Gene Chandler version exactly 132 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwBdU1kSfOM

One of the last truly great original era doo wop tunes.  He
did a lot of fine songs ("Cowboys to Girls") and did quite a
few tracks with Curtis Mayfield (who is known in these
precincts as "The Man" :).  My favorite Gene Chandler
song is "Groovy Situation," which in addition to fab vocals
has the absolute killah backbeat and baseline circa 1970.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDM1Rh3KxeM

Well, now that I have been schooled by Shake & Phred
over a tune I know like the back of my hand (for
obvious reasons) yet always (mis)attributed, I now
rename myself "Duke of Shame".

Thanks for those YouTube links :)

Egg on face,

   - Greg

P.S. Ob313: Bang Face Weekender with Model 500, Dopplereffekt,
    Drexciyan DJ Stingray (and a million IDM stalwarts) anyone?

   http://www.BangFace.COM/weekender/bfwlineup.htm