From: Jochem Peteri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 February 2008 18:31
To: 313 Org
Subject: Re: (313) and my next question is......

Facebook is way too spammy for my liking, myspace is definately my
weapon of choice. But im a band, not a night. ehm. right. myspace.
nice and easy : )

On Feb 12, 2008 7:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mainly directed at UK 313ers I think as the answer may be different
> elsewhere but until we go global ( ;-) I guess I'm interested on the
situation here on home soil:

> MySpace vs. Facebook
>
> I've been wanting to do a MySpace page for our night for ages as,
> although we have our own site, it seemed like that was the way many
> people communicated.  I didn't want to start it until I was good and
> ready as I was afraid I couldn't handle the probable time drain
> otherwise.  In the meantime, in common with many people I've spoken
to, I accidentally joined Facebook when I received one of their
"such-and-such says you're their friend, just click on this link to
confirm it or they'll know you didn't and weep for a year........ooops
you just joined Facebook (sinister laugh)" mails.
> Since then I've been seduced and enjoy being on it, putting photos up,

> seeing what friends are up to etc (though it takes a good deal of
> time).  But I still thought the right way forward was to have a
> Facebook page for me and a MySpace page for our night.  So recently I
> joined up under a pseudonym so I could start a group.  I then spoke to

> various friends who I thought were well into it and said "give me some

> pointers on how best to do this thing".  To my surprise I received the

> reply "oh MySpace is over now, nobody uses it anymore, just do it on
Facebook".  This is fine for me if true as I've become confident with
Facebook (I'll do us a group there anyway as it's a doddle) where I'm
scared of MySpace.  My impression was MySpace was still used by creative
types (for example I thought a band would still have a MySpace rather
than Facebook page) but this lot I asked are well into spending time on
these things and I know were big on MySpace but now aren't.  What do
people  think?

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.

Channel Four Television Corporation, created by statute under English law, is
at 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX .

4 Ventures Limited (Company No. 04106849), incorporated in England and Wales
has its registered office at 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX.

VAT no: GB 626475817