There was a nice Robert Henke (Monolake) ambient set I've got called
"Layering Buddha Live" that I'd recommend. It's available free from his
site:
http://www.monolake.de/files_audio/free_tracks/RobertHenke_LayeringBuddha_Li
ve.mp3. It's nearly beatless.

Also on the free tip, I really liked Off the Sky's "Studies Of Lifeform In
Transit" on Autoplate, which for some reason I think may have been tipped to
me here. http://www.archive.org/details/apl014. Kind of similar to Vladislav
Delay's "Anima".

I've only bought two ambient CDs in the last couple of years. One was Marc
Leclair's "Musique Pour 3 Femmes Enceintes"
http://www.discogs.com/release/413309 which is maybe a bit samey throughout,
but has a few keepers. The other was A Small Good Thing's "Slim Westerns 2",
which also has some nice moments, but is so completely not in the spirit of
the first one that I haven't listened to it much since the first couple of
goes. I love the first Slim Westerns madly though.

Oh, and the new Autechre album "Quaristice" has a couple of ambient tracks
on it that are fairly dope.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk