Altough my english is lame, i learn something translating all kinds of songs when i was a kid. And after that, watching american and english movies. Believe me: trying to figure out what was being said in hip-hop lyrics helped a lot! :)

Knowing a little bit of latin kinda help me in both latin and non- latin languages. There's latin radicals in portuguese, french, italian, spanish and in english and german too. Like mater, pater, omnibus... In fact, portuguese is a very intricated language, with complicated syntaxes between terms, large number of verbal conjugations. English seems to be much more practical, uncomplicated, openning other interesting ports for expression.

To my ears, portuguese and dutch, sometimes, sound almost the same, in terms of rhythm and melody. I was really amazed with that when i was in amsterdan. It was like a very familiar spoken sound, but i couldn't understand sh*t! Besides some words like straat, centraal, gratis and others.

Man... i've just rediscovered an Airto's record in my crates that i'm love with: Virgin Land. Recorded in the US. He's amazing, don't you think? Milton is great as well. Maybe one of the greatest brazilian composers that begun in the 60s. You should listen to the Clube da Esquina (something like Corner Club) volumes 1 and 2. Black Rio was a great band. If you want to dig more in the brazilian funk/jazz funk business, i recomend Moacir Santos. Specially the "Coisas" (Things) album.

Thanks for the nice words, Kent. Hope my mixes can achieve some level to be beside the great mixes posted here.

Kw