And here (from a couple years prior), they're a lot more early Modern
English than Blancmange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUx-yNTxrZ4

Each member has his own "Post-Punk Halloween 1980" look (the singer is
an Ant, the guitarist is Bernard Sumner, etc).

Anyone know if the band recorded any of this earlier material, before
they signed?