Well said Kent!

Last couple of years i saw so many of there debates, debates whether or not techno with only a laptop is bad techno, analogue synthesis is the way. The thing is that when this whole thing started i had to do exactly the same discussion but then the thing we had to fight about was when 'traditional musicians' claimed electronic was not real.

I recently had a similar debate with a DJ who claimed that people dj- ing with Live or with that M-Audio Torq system ain't real DJ's.

In the end it turns out that most of these discussions are all based on fear or a form of jealousy. I have a studio with a bunch of old analogue synths and i see people playing out with only a laptop, and that laptop is there whole studio to. When is started making electronic music i had to save up a lot of money to get something simple started, these young kids can do the same with a lot less money.

All these discussions are based on feelings described above, in most cases they have no musical content and if there is one it is mainly that for example the old rock people simply did not like the sound of a TB-303.