To: "313 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 4:51 PM
Subject: (313) Speaking of DeepChord/Echospace........

The new UB313 thing just arrived today with an Echospace mix- it's not
going to win any converts if you don't already like the sound but it
chugs along quite nicely........ but you have to buy it becasue it's
LIMITED EDITION- Gasp!  What will they think of next?  Coloured Vinyl?
Oh, hang on- it's marbled grey vinyl.  That means you have to buy 3
copies- one to play, one to put away "for a rainy day" and another to
"sell on discogs sometime". :)

Is this, "Trak 6" Jason? If so, that's what I used to wash my ears out with this morning. ;) As Kent articulated a few months ago, I'm prepetually amazed how well they manage wicked kicks alongside big basslines. Anyway... I quite dig this one. As Interstellar said in their description, it's perhaps the most minimal of their latest output. That was their wording, although I'd say "subtle" might be a slightly less loaded description. My only criticism of it, as with many of their tracks, is that they can be a bit too long to listen to on their own, straight through, but that's a nice problem to have as a DJ.

On this note, I've been unable to take the Detroit Remixes of Pacou (the Deepchord one) and both the Deepchord and Echospace remixes of The Shocking Pinks on DFA off of heavy rotation. Ridiculously swimmy stuff. I *really* want to hear them loud. This is probably part of why I was so disappointed on Saturday! But if anyone needs convincing about the distinction of their newer sounds from what it sounded like before, check the Shocking Pinks remixes. One of them reminds me more of Bob Marley's "Jamming" than anything else I can think of. Oh, and Ken: I passed on the Miranda remixes. I really don't think that's anywhere near the best of their recent output.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk