---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Keith Flippin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Subject: Sad news about an RS (rhythm society) Friend

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I bear sad tidings to the community: RS
Friend Eric Tiedemann has died.

There has been no word yet, that I have heard, regarding cause of
death; to the best of my knowledge, he was found in his home, and an
investigation is ongoing.  More details on that, along with funeral or
memorial arrangements, will be posted as they become known.  I would
respectfully request that, in the meantime, we avoid speculating about
it on the lists.

Like me, Eric was sponsored by Karin Wertheim, and has been a friend
of ours since we all attended an NE-Raves net-party in Rochester, NY,
in 1997.  It was that online electronic dance community that brought
all of us together before we slowly, each in turn, filtered our way
across the country and into the RS.  Back in those days, we used to
call him Dances With Beverages, though my mother always referred to
him as Pajamas Eric, due to his fondness for the comfort of plaid
flannel dance-wear.

Eric was the first person Karin sponsored into the RS, and with me he
was "co-heresiarch" of the RS Peninsula Meditation Group from 2005 to
2006.  He also served on the Tech Team, and co-lead Spiritual
Emergence and the Dance Ceremony for exPeRiEnce, the 2007 RS Retreat,
with Christine Benvenuto. Most recently, he led Bishops Desk for
Magic, and was kind enough to submit a copy of the Bishops Desk Binder
to the wiki so it no longer needs to be re-created for each event.

He was a man of wildly diverse interests: ecstatic dance, the
supremacy of breakbeat as a musical art form, Thelema, Buddhism, NLP,
Robert Anton Wilson, Robert Heinlein, David Deida, Nietzsche, computer
technology, entheogens, quantum theory...pure geekery of every sort,
kind, and manner, on which he could discourse at length, and in depth,
once you got him started.

Though I had lost track of him for a while after he moved from Philly
to Cali, upon reconnecting at Dance, my first ANDC in Fall'05, our
friendship resumed immediately as if the lacuna had never occurred. He
was that kind of guy; my confidant, my mentor.  Eric was a true
friend, one of those without whose generous assistance on numerous
levels I could never have taken root here.  He was my biggest fan,
encouraging and facilitating my DJing even when I thought I'd put that
well behind me.  His presence will be dearly missed, and his physical
absence keenly and palpably felt.

Eric, I miss you; I love you.

Eric S. Tiedemann, 1966-2008
http://est.livejournal.com/
http://hyperreal.org/~est/

"Unto them from whose eyes the veil of life hath fallen may there be
granted the accomplishment of their true Wills; whether they will
absorption in the Infinite, or to be united with their chosen and
preferred, or to be in contemplation, or to be at peace, or to achieve
the labour and heroism of incarnation on this planet or another, or in
any Star, or aught else, unto them may there be granted the
accomplishment of their wills; yea, the accomplishment of their
wills." -Liber XV, Ecclesiæ Gnosticæ Catholicæ Canon Missæ

--
peace,

frank

dj mix archive: http://www.deejaycountzero.com