He plays a couple of full tracks while fiddling with effects and
layering stuff on top -- he told me he does it with tracks he produced
before he started using the computer primarily -- he no longer has the
individual sounds to break it out into loops for Live.

The bulk of his set comprises a combination of current tracks he
'loopified' from the original Logic sessions, with bits and pieces of
unfinished work that he pulls in as the spirit moves him.  I got a
look at his Live session and I couldn't really make heads or tails of
how it was working -- he had about 10 audio channels, and he puts some
out an 'A' output and some out a 'B' output so that he can crossfade
between stuff with the DJ mixer.