I like this quote (as debatable as some may think it is) and I think it
does apply to the Detroit innovators as well:

Growing up, Diddley said he had no musical idols, and he wasn't entirely

pleased that others drew on his innovations.

"I don't like to copy anybody. Everybody tries to do what I do, update it,"

he said. "I don't have any idols I copied after."

"They copied everything I did, upgraded it, messed it up. It seems to me

that nobody can come up with their own thing, they have to put a little bit

of Bo Diddley there," he said.

MEK

Jeffrey Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/02/2008 06:31:30
PM: