In the end I couldn't justify the time and money to go to Barcelona.
So I stayed in london wishing I'd made it.  But I did manage to
catch Rob Hood at Fabric (though it was touch and go as I again
failed to pass whatever coolness check the door idiots have, the
first time through the guy told me I had been drinking too much,
a real laugh since the last drink I had was a beer after the Gang
of Four/Tom Tom Club gig at the Royal Festival Hall the night
before.  Gang of Four were just great by the way.

Anyway I eventually managed to blag my way in and saw most of
Rob's set, which was mostly straight up DJing and not much with
the advertised 909/effects.  He played strong and hard, I don't
know what most of the tracks are though I recognized a few.

Marco Carolla was eh-ok and my old pal Doc Martin was lighting
it up pretty nicely in the small room.  So it ended up being a pretty
good night after all.

fh

-----------------
>Was Ronnie at the gig? surely if you wanted to see hands in the air and
>dancing on stage you'd go to Movement?
>

>X-102 was a great gig, great sound, great visuals, although the main video
>screen was supposed to be projected
and not a massive LED screen, some of the visuals didnt tune out as well as
they should have. But you wouldn't
even notice that they hadn't.
>The whole gig was also shown on the big screens with lots of close ups of
>Mills and Banks playing live. Lots of 909
from Mills and lots from Banks on the keyboards.

>They had to stop after a couple of minutes, the curtains closed for about 10 -
>15 minutes, the video wasn't plugged
in. I think they played for about an hour. Definitley the best thing we saw at
Sonar this year.

>A few other reviews:
>
>Ewan Pearson: He played twice on the Friday night, nice tracks, mixed very
>well.
>
>Justice: Rubbish!
>
>The Minus Crew: Nothing Special, I couldn't see the cube anywhere.
>
>Villalobos: We didnt see much of this gig, it was after 5am when it started,
>it was ok but not enough to keep us from
feeling tired.

>BC vs JC feat. Darren Emerson: Nothing special.
>
>Róisín Murphy: We didnt stay for too long at this gig, it didnt appear to be
>anything special.
>
>Milton Jackson: Just saw this for a couple of minutes, seemed good but we
>didnt hang around.
>
>We missed Theo, he was on late and we just forgot about it.
>
>We saw some Deepcord, only for a little bit, it seemed ok, but didnt see
>enough to really know how it went, the
crowd seemed to be loving it. We stood at the side of the tent they played in,
it didnt seem loud enough, but if we
had of been in the tent it
>COH plays Cosey: This got boring very quickly, we left with the lyric of "Fcuk
>it...Deeper...fcuk it Deeper..."
>
>The rest of Sonar by day was ok, nothing amazing grabbed my attention, it was
>just nice to sit around in the sun.
There is always a great atmosphere in Sonar by day.

>I'm sure I missed a few things, overall we had a good time, without the X-102
>gig, I think I would have been a bit
disappointed with the weekend. I have some Pics & Video of the X-102 gig, I'll
post them up in a few days.