It's exactly like that ;-)  I know Dave and Roland the Bastard because
they've played in Iowa City a couple of times.  Not Detroit techno by
any means, and not normally my sort of thing, but I have a lot of
respect for their working class, unpretentious dedication to their
craft.   That and their dedication to Lager.

I play that track because it's Laurie Anderson and it's banging. In
fact, I think it works better that it's a dirty, chugging beat behind
'O Superman' than if it was something more restrained and tasteful.
I'd never play a whole set of that sort of thing, but sometimes it
just fits ;-)