From: rob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 September 2008 11:32
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) New things.

Robin wrote:

> I see Omar S- Psychotic Photosynthesis No Drums mix on the way
> (hopefully better pressing than the original). Also that Steffi RA
podcast has an Omar S track I wasn't aware of. Forthcoming?

> Environ mailout tells me that the Morgan Geist album's now on iTunes.
I mentioned the c2 mixes a while back.

> The Analygous Doom/Jamal Moss 12 is sounding hot.
>
> Kuniyuki - Theo Parrish mixes on Mule also.
>
> Anyone else with any news? Let's talk new music....

Some more new 313-related stuff (on this week's Rushhour mailout):

Jose James - Desire & Love (Moodymann Mix) (Brownswood) -
http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=47578.  KDJ doing his
thing.

Aroy Dee - Summer EP (M>O>S) -
http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=46886.  Sounds smart.
Class as always.

Ican - Pa' Mi Gente (Planet E) -
http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=46338.  S'ok.  Like the
vibe of the C2 Dub, even though it's kinda C2 by numbers.  Whoever
mentioned the C2 Remixatron (or whatever they dubbed it) could be onto
something.  Maybe we're just spoiled, and he's far too prolific.

Jark Prongo - Spadet EP (A.R.T.Less) -
http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=47617.  Another
A.R.T.Less re-issue.  I'm sure many of us are familiar with the Spadet
track from Kevin Saunderson's X-MIX.

The Black Dog - Detroit vs Sheffield (Soma) -
http://www.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=47500.  Two Robert Hood
mixes, plus a Black Dog mix and Forgemasters mix.  Like it.  Great
review at Norman Records which I can't help but borrow a small part of:
"The other R. Hood mix is much more minimal, like ambient electronica
with a repetitive piano refrain. Like Terry Riley on E? It morphs into a
spiraling, sensuous slightly balearic techno piece with such beautiful
subtlety I feel like crying!".  Yep, Robert Hood's on form!

Plus, some forthcoming bits and bobs:

Kenny Larkin - The Chronicles (Rushhour)

Mike Edge - Walking Alone (Patrice Scott Mix) (Sistrum)

Sascha Dive - Deepest America (Moodymann Remix) (Ornaments)

Theo Parrish - Love Triumphant / Spacebumps (Sound Signature)

Theo Parrish - Going Downstairs Parts 1 & 2 (Sound Signature)

Cheers,

Rob