kent williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  [ Save Address ]

"I have no use for DJs who try to 'fit in.'  It's harder getting gigs
if you don't 'fit in' but in the long run, why not find your own way?
The simple answer to your question is 'no,' any X102 tracks aren't
going to be at the same musical or emotional temperature as 'modern
minimal tech house.'

Thanks for that wonderful review!!! The great thing about the original rings of
saturn was that it was well beyond the time it was produced.  What I was hoping
for was a rational assesment of the current 12s.  I have about enough money to
buy 3 records a month when they cost 10-13 a piece.  I am sure that some of
yous on this list are semi pro djs, probably most aren't but are purists...aka
detroit can do no wrong.  Even when it is really wrong, like CC dropping the
trance in his dj sets or juan atkins dropping continuous train wrecks like he
did in sf the last time he played here.   Some things are just wrong.
Anyway, when I play out which is rarely I play from Moodyman to the mole to rob
hood to stares to substance to dan bell  to pole to villalobos.  So yall can
suck my 12 inches, get off that high horse you are on...tell me something good
or bad about these records that I cannot find sound samples for....thank you
very much....
tom