the promoter is a friend, and his account is verbatim pretty much.

acting like don king before a prize fight when youre about to play a
hot little club that cant wait to hear you can only get one so far.

I'm not saying i would do this, but on the other hand, i've seen mills
get handed a stuffed envelope at limelight AFTER he played, so you
know, can go both ways.....I'm just sharin a story.