> >> Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
> > My curiosity is only around how William found this bug in the first
> > place and what makes it so urgent.
> Ok.  Thanks, Rob!  Yes, I'm curious, too. :)

Please see

https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/49041#comment:3

The issue is *clearly* a DS behavioural bug where we do NOT detect the
presence of the sqlite formatted DB correctly. We then incorrectly
create invalid BDB files, and it "masks" the SQL format  from the server
start up.

As a result, after a server restart your certificates "vanish" and SSL
fails to start. (They are still in key4/cert9, but key3/cert8 are broken
and used preferentially).

That's why it's urgent ;)

--
Sincerely,