Hello,

I'm attempting to use an IP clause in an ACI attribute to restrict
privileges for a particular DN to connections from a particular host.
The ACI attribute is successfully added by ldapmodify, but does not
work. As a workaround, I had to use a DNS clause instead, but this is
not desirable from either a performance or a security perspective.

The access log shows the connection coming from the expected IPv4
address, but when I enabled the appropriate debugging level I found that
the server was complaining about an IPv6 address.

It looks like the server is getting an address in the v4-in-v6 format
and since the ACLs do not support IPv6, the particular ACL fails.
Unfortunately, I seem to be at a loss to force the system to return IPv4
addresses. Any suggestions?

The system is running RHEL 6 with 389 DS 1.2.10.4.
/etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.conf has already been configured to disable IPv6
support.

Thanks

--
Iain Morgan