In the URL
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Creating_the_Supplier_Bind_DN_Entry.html

Quote:
However, although Red Hat recommends not storing simple user entries under
cn=config for performance reasons, it can be useful to store special user
entries such as the Directory Manager entry or replication manager
(supplier bind DN) entry under cn=config since this centralizes
configuration information.

Quote:

   1. Stop the Directory Server. If the server is not stopped, the changes
   to the dse.ldif file will not be saved. See Section 1.3, “Starting and
   Stopping
Servers”<https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Starting_and_Stopping-DS.html>for
more information on stopping the server.
   2.  Create a new entry, such as cn=replication manager,cn=config, in the
   dse.ldif file.

I cannot give the error message now, as I'm not at customer site. When I
get back to office, I will give the exact error.

Thanks.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 12/05/2012 10:07 PM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> According to RH document, if you want to create the replication user, you
> must edit the dse.ldif file and put the user information there.
>

> No.  Where does it say that you must edit the dse.ldif?
>

> I tried to use 389-console, create user (which use uid=repman) then try to
> enable cn=repman, but there is error saying that directory server refuse to
> do the renaming.
>

> Can you provide the exact error message?
>

> What is the correct way to create cn=repman only by using 389 console?
>
> Thanks.
>

> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Creating_the_Supplier_Bind_DN_Entry.html
>

> --
> Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan