Hi,

have this Solaris 9 Box's worked with the old iPlanet DS?.
For the password you have to configure the /etc/pam.conf like described in the
man pages:

$ man pam_ldap
it is different to Solaris10

I guess that Solaris needs also the VLV's for getentpwent, which can created by
run /usr/lib/ldap/idsconfig.
You can use this script also for the 389DS if you fake the version check to the
5.2 version (you can google for this).

BTW: If you use ldaps you must provide the CA' cert in an old cert7.db on the
Solarsi9 Client.

HTH
Carsten