Thanks for the help you provided so far. I'm really stumped on this. Project's
behind schedule, blah blah blah...

This is a major rode block. I've used replication to import a database of many
users with numerous 'generalizedtime' attributes. The import didn't complain of
invalid time attributes. an ldapsearch on all my users shows all the attributes
in the format i provided, but trying to modify one of them fails.

Is there a way to configure the "GeneralizedTime" plugin?  Is that even the
right course of action. I went looking for a newer version of 389-ds and i seem
to have the same version available on epel for rhel6.

I'm not a LDAP guru by any stretch so thank in advance for any further help you
can provide.

James