Hi

I have tried to follow
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-walkthroughmultimasterssl.html#set-up-multi-master-replication
 to setup a multimaster setup with 389 LDAP servers. I have 2 servers and I
have clients connected to both using SSL to authenticate. Both servers are from
the same certificate chain.

When I try and set up the replication agreement between the LDAP instances I
get an error "Consumer server unreachable or invalid credentials supplied.
Unable to perform subtree duplication verfication."

At this point I have followed the instructions and have a consumer with 636 use
TLS/SSL selected and the correct simple bind DN set to cn=replication manager,
cn=config.

If I ignore this message and continue and try and initialize the agreement I
see errors under /var/log/dirsrv/sldapd-xxxx/

SSL connection from x.x.x.x to x.x.x.x
closed peer cannot verify your certificate.

Now as I am using simple bind does it still need to use certificates? and if
both are from the same CA should this just work?