On 01/05/2017 03:15 PM, William Brown wrote:
The shadowexpire value now is handled differently on 1.3.5 if I recall.

I'm unable to find documentation of this change in the release notes. Am I overlooking something?

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/7.3_Release_Notes/bug_fixes_servers_and_services.html

If not, does it make sense to change account expiration mechanisms, automatically, without notice, to an incompatible alternative in the middle of a "stable" release (RHEL 7), potentially granting access to accounts that were expired before the change?

Can users revert this behavioral change?  I certainly think Red Hat should.