Hi guys,

I am trying to update the index on our userRoot database.  I imported the
attribute using the ldif2db routine. Error log reports success.

Then I ran the db2index.pl routine with no particular attribute (in essence I
guess the whole database is re-indexed) causing the database to grow, fill
partition up, and crash.

Tested on another system similar process but this time used the "-t" option
with the new attribute.  Error log shows success.  However, no re-indexing occurred.

When we import through the console, then add the attribute for indexing, the
console kicks off a reindex of the database with the new attribute selected.

Stats:

Version 389-DS:  1.3.5.10

Command used to import attribute:

/usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-test/ldif2db -n userRoot -i
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-test/my.ldif; systemctl start dirsrv@test.service

Command to index:

/usr//lib64/dirsrv/slapd-test/db2index.pl -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w - -n
userRoot (re-indexes all but fills partition and crashes)

Second test:

/usr//lib64/dirsrv/slapd-test/db2index.pl -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w - -n
userRoot -t my_attribute:pres (log reports success but does not re-index like it does on
console.)

Any ideas on why through console it indexes the whole database with new
attribute, but not from the command line?

Paul M. Whitney
E-mail: paul.whit...@mac.com
Sent from my browser.