By happy timing, we (Bozeman Pass) just added one of our in-house tools for
configuring replication to GitHub: https://github.com/bozemanpass/replform.

We call it `replform` as a slight nod towards Hashicorp Terraform.
Obviously they are very different beasts, but what they have in common is
that you specify the infrastructure / topology that you want, and the tool
figures out what changes need to be made to make it happen (eg, create
replication accounts, replica entries, changelogs, agreements, initialize
the replicas, etc.)

Running `replform plan` will tell you what it intends to do and `replform
apply` will make it happen.  It is safe to run over again, can handle adding
new hosts, etc.

It sounds like it might work for your case.  There is more documentation and
a few examples at: https://github.com/bozemanpass/replform

--

Thomas E Lackey

P.S. Some additional notes and warnings:  It supports build MMR or
supplier/consumer replication topologies (or some mix of the two), but not
"chaining" replication with hubs.  The other is that while it handles the
removal of a consumer automatically, it does not do the RUV cleaning
necessary when removing a supplier.  Lastly, `replform` also supports
pulling credentials for 'cn=repman' and 'cn=Directory Manager' out of
Hashicorp Vault, but that require some Vault tools we created that haven't
made their way into GitHub yet (though they likely will).