On Thu, 2018-08-09 at 14:52 +0300, Maria Tsiolakki wrote:
> Hello
> We run ldap 389, here in a computer science department
> We need to have an easy management tool for setup and manage ldap
> accounts. Required functionalities among others are:
> *query users based on criteria i.e, select all users that belong to
> the same group, and  easily update their gid , and at the same time
> to update the corresponding  group with the new additions

Do you mean the users posixGid for primary group? Or other?

These days, it's probably better to use memberOf and the rfc2307bis
schemas that SSSD support to work out group memberships. There are also
grave security concerns with primary groups being shared between users
(it's better to have a user-private-group as the private GID).

> *batch import of multiple users at once
> *select multiple users for deactivate/activate/delete?
> etc
> Has anybody uses such a tool, with above functionalities and even
> more?

Today I don't know of such a tool, but we are laying the ground work
out for lib389 to be able to do this from the CLI, and then later a
webui. Some people use PHP ldap admin, others develop their own
scripts. Ansible might be able to do some parts too.

I'd be really curious about what you end up doing here, and would love
to hear back what you decide, as this is a big missing part of our
ecosystem today.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,