On 8/6/20 9:11 AM, Janet Houser wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm working to set up a PingFederate server to communicate with Apps at a sister location.  I'm told that the software needs to send the "employeeID" in order to
authenticate with the offsite server.

Under the Directory Server --> Schema -->  Tab Attributes, DS-389 has the attribute "employeeNumber" which I can add to a user's LDAP information.   There doesn't seem to be a way to change the name on this page, and when I tried adding a "User Defined Attribute", it wouldn't show up under "Advanced" for a user.

Is there a way to add this field to all users and change the name to "employeeID"?

I'm searching, but I haven't found a way to do this via the 389-console.

Sorry the old java 389-console is not flexible, and there is no way to customize it.  We have a new Administration Web UI on RHEL 8, but it does not do entry management.  There is an LDAP browser being worked on as a side project, but it is not ready yet. Perhaps Apache Directory Studio (which is free) can achieve what you need?  I would look into that first...

Regards,

Mark

Thanks in advance!

389 Directory Server Development Team