Hi,

Does the native windows version of 389 management console keep logs of commands
executed and their results anywhere?
If not is there a way to make it do so?

I am working on a project to migrate to 389 and I have an instance whereby if I
select "restart directory server" from the tasks page I get a message
pop-up saying "Directory Server <instance-name> could not be restarted" but no
explanation as to why.

I have other instances where this functionality works fine.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the access or error logs at the server
end to signify the failed attempt.

Any way to trace the issue?

Regards

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain
confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and
immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.