Thank everyone for their recommendation to use the forum for the request, I
have begun that process of request

I did see some messages on Global Variables.
4D doesn’t use the term "global variable", though the name of what its called
in any programming language is irrelevant.

4D acknowledge that process and interprocess variables are global variables on
the 4D knowledgebase
http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77156 <http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77156>

A interprocess variable can be very convenient in 4D , it doesn’t exist in
other languages,
   but in other languages a solution would be to implement a database table
storing settings for each userid.

thanks,
Aaron
--
Aaron Blazer - Database Analyst
North American Marketing Solutions, Inc. | 3245 N 126th St | Brookfield, WI