Hi

This is a phenomenon I (we ?) have lived with for a couple of centuries and
just thought I’d bring it up for discussion since the new OBJECT SET ENABLED
command seems to inherit the old behaviour.

Lets say you have a text array process variable manifesting as a pop-up menu on
one form and you disable it on that form.

If you then open a different form which uses that same variable in a pop-up
menu, it remains disabled there as well. 4D never seems to reset the enabled
state to some default. What this means is that I always have to explicitly set
pop-up menus to “enabled” in the On Load phase, even though there may be no
state management required in a particular form.

What do other people do to address this ? (Or am I missing something in front
of my nose).

Regards !

Peter