Spencer Hinsdale wrote:

>maybe you just upgraded and it's doing that spotlight thing

Good point, I just upgraded today. I saw that a process called photoanalysisd
(Photos indexing of faces) was going on and stopped that, but it didn't help.
But nothing else is taking up much CPU. Only closing the Property List helps.

Maybe if I give all the spotlight, photo, iTunes type stuff to do their things,
it'll be all better tomorrow.

Jim Crate wrote:

>The same problem has been reported many times on El Capitan, so it's not
>new with Sierra.

I didn't get that with El Capitan, at least not 5-10 seconds from click to
selected.

David Eddy put it nicely with:

>Modesty prevents me from responding in an honest & truthful fashion...
>Believe Me.
>
>Thanks for reminding me to keep my finger OFF the Sierra upgrade button.

I AM the seat tester for electric chairs.

   Tom Dillon                                           825 N. 500 W.
   DataCraft                                           Moab, UT 84532
   tomdil...@datacraft-inc.com                           720/209-6502
          Ham and Eggs -- A day's work for a chicken
                          A lifetime commitment for a pig.