Hi Ben,

I had some experience using client on remote server and it is not easy give a
good answer because depend on the number of records, the query and records size.

My experience with a new costumer that moved his server in a remote provider
was dramatic! A developer put an image field in a table so if you make a query
and the selection of records doesn’t contain image the client work fine with
2mb/sec, but if you have for example the first record of a selection with an
image of 1.5 MB you need a connection at list of 10mb/sec.
The database structure and query are the most important aspect to consider.
Table that use any file or image inside the records should be a problem and
query with field that update the selection every new char could be another
problem.

I work every day with remote 4D database with out image inside the records and
with 10mb/sec 4D work fine with 2mb/sec is acceptable less could be very slow
to give the selection back and also write code.
Andrea

Alfanet srl                                         and...@alfanet.it
viale Europa, 62                             http://www.alfanet.it/
00144 Rome