> Is
> there any chance that v11 would run without issue on Windows 10
> clients… and Windows Server 2016 for several months during this
> re-write?

Regarding the original question:
Since there isn't any certification of 4D v11 for Windows 10 and Windows Server
2016 (this is true for all other 4D versions) and since the support of 4D v11
ended on 31 Mar 12, you have to test it by yourself. If there are any problems
you will not get any support by 4D officials. That's the bad news. The good
news is, you can hope for some good hints and answers on this list.
As a strategy I would recommend a parallel testing, on a certified system and
on Windows 10. Just to be able to sort out OS independent issues.

Regards
Lutz