From: 4D_Tech [mailto:4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com] On Behalf Of Chip Scheide
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 12:38 PM
To: 4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic Variable Assignment and Web Get Variables - Bad usage of
pointer or pointer to an unknown variable

I do NO web work so take this idea with that in mind

Instead of :
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 19:58:16 +0000, Mike McCall wrote:
>       Else
>                               $p:=Get pointer(arr_Web_Field_Name{$i})
>                               $p->:=arr_Web_Field_Value{$i}
>               End case

if (find in array($arr_Legal_Variable_Names;arr_Web_Field_Name{$i})>0)
   $p:=Get pointer(arr_Web_Field_Name{$i})
   $p->:=arr_Web_Field_Value{$i}
else
   `do nasty things since someone tried to hack your server end if

Where arr_Legal_Variable_Names
is an array of valid variable names and any value NOT in this array is an error
Chip