I would ask you if you have a Webserver license? Even if you don't you can
use the server for 1 hour as trial.

It is a lot easier and efficient as well as accurate to do what you are
trying to do, although more expensive. However I would recommend using the
Web features of 4D as it saves a lot of headaches and opens up more
possibilities for your current and future development.

You would create an HTML email "Form". You can embed into the HTML objects
your 4D references.
So for instance a "Name" field could be named "Name" or anything else that
makes sense in your 4D database. You can also use 4D fields directly but I
never use that method so I can't comment on it's use.
You will need a "Submit" action button in the form to make this work. This
submit button must point to the URL that the 4D Webserver is listening to.

Look at how the Webserver works with 4D Tags and you will get an idea of how
to do it.

Sorry if you already knew this, but just in case....

Cheers

Jim Labos - infobase

-----
Jim Labos - infobase