On Dec 17, 2016, at 2:00 PM, Neil Dennis  wrote:

> I know of developers that charge $40.00 per hour, and some developers that
> charge $250.00 per hour.  As was mentioned this would be great question for
> an anonymous survey.
>
> My personal rates vary a lot based on the project purpose, the company
> requesting the work, the fun factor (If I think it will be really fun to code
> I will charge less) and how much financial need I have at the time vs. free
> time... and many other factors. I have done entire projects for as little as
> a Diet Coke, OK, just one project… and it was for a good cause :)
>
> I do have a standard starting rate that I use and I would put it on a survey,
> but I wouldn’t put my rate out there just because.

Great points Dennis. I never even thought of 4dtoday.com’s survey that Doug
mentioned. I’ve put in a survey request there and hope the survey will appear
soon.

Thanks for the $40 - $250 range answer now. I was expecting something in that
range.

And I totally understand developers wanting to keep their rates a secret. No
develop wants to be selling their services for too low, or for too high, of a
rate.

Anonomus 4dtoday.com survey is the way to get an answer to my question.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444