This is a re-post of a message I posted on the NUG several months ago, but didn't get a response with a solution.

I have a bat file that I need to run programmatically from 4D v15 on a Windows 7 computer.

The bat file runs fine when I manually double-click on it. When run via the 4D code below, the console window appears for a second, then closes. On one computer the bat file executes with the expected results, on another, it doesn't.

SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_BLOCKING_EXTERNAL_PROCESS";"false")
SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_CURRENT_DIRECTORY";"mybatfilefolder")
SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE("_4D_OPTION_HIDE_CONSOLE";SW_SHOW)
LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS("c:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe /C mybatfile.bat"

The cmd.exe application file is set to always run as administrator.

Any idea why this is working on one computer but not another?

TIA,
David Rose

---