On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Benedict, Tom <tom.bened...@optum.com>
wrote:

> The effort is likely too great to refactor an existing app. It is probably
> limited to new apps.

Tom:

Adopting an entirely new architecture is a daunting task, no question, so
caution is understandable. I've added the "form controller" approach into
existing applications on gradual basis. In contrast, creating accessor
methods using code was a no brainer decision for me. I have worked in
applications that don't have my code for creating accessor methods and
found that creatingthem by hand is time consuming and error prone, which
were the very reasons I programmed 4D to do it for me.

If the concepts sounds interesting, might I suggest that you try it in one
area of an application and see if it does suit your needs. If you don't
want to disturb legacy code, wait until you add a new table to an
application and handle the user interaction using the new approach. Or, on
an even smaller scale, see how it fits by just programming one dialog that
way. That's low risk enough to back out if you don't like it yet it will
give you some idea of how well things flow for you.

Just my tuppence.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902