I'll give a plus 1 to this strategy too.

Tim Penner wrote a great tech note <http://kb.4d.com/assetid=77177>
demonstrating how to easily move data between 4D and a web page using
c-obj/JSON that's also helpful.

Personally I like Bootstrap for optimizing for mobile but there are lots of
others. Mustache and Handlebars are very helpful for manipulating JSON data
on a web page.

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA