Robert

Firstly i think the ‘subrecord’ field is missing from the line i think it
should be something like ([Plant_IU]sufieldname).

also…

I tackled moving from subtables on a system that had 27+ of them and at least
one where a sub-records should never have been the solution(i think the
sub-table had 30 fields and that was more than the parent record!) when i went
to V11, such that to go from pre-v11 my customers had to export their data and
import for V11(i deleted the fields on the tables in V11 and removed the
’special’ relationship so the pre-v11 data of customers would not have opened
in V11).

I was working on my own, and did the whole conversion in under a week-and then
wondered why i had not done it years before-its not a pleasant task going back
through old code and changing it just to end up looking exactly the same to the
users but you are probably going to need to tackle it at some point and the
satisfaction of doing it was great.

This was a fair size system(6000+methods 120+tables 1000+forms).

I was already using listbox(and previously area-list) for most sub-record
displays which probably made the re-organisation of forms easier and already
had in place custom search windows for each table which meant keeping thing
simple for the users was easy too.

Nigel Greenlee