Koen,

Thank you for both postings.  I was able to get into the design environment and
after a bit of a battle with the bad method I was able to delete it and flush
it from the trash.

Miyako,

I did not really understand your comment:

 - rather than going to Design the normal way, you could open the DB directly
with the MSC.

I did this for verifying and repairing both of which reported the structure was
good.  Am I missing something?  Is there some way of looking deeper at the
structure in MSC?

I have a problem with a different database where tools gives me a warning on a
method that no longer exists in the database.

The warning reads:
(MY_NON_EXISTENT_METHOD
[I.55] : invalid table number

So the bracket before the method indicates it is looking at a deleted method
but the method does not exist in the trash.

I have tried adding a method with the same name then deleting it and removing
it from trash to see if that would either error along the way or flush it out.
Any other ideas?  The database is not broken YET...

I saw a demo at one of the conferences for a full structure checking
application but I have not heard anything since.

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com <mailto:jdcr...@telekinetix.com>  Web :
http://www.telekinetix.com <http://www.telekinetix.com/>