Hi Bob,

I believe you can locate the fields — whose “Map NULL values to Blank values”
is unchecked — by exporting the structure.

Try this:

1) Export the structure in HTML format.

2) Then open export in a browser, and look in the column titled “Never Null”. A
check-mark in the “Never Null” column indicates that the field has "Map NULL
values to Blank values” check-marked.

3) Any row **without** a check-mark is a field that has “Map NULL values to
Blank values” unchecked. (There is one exception: UUID fields appear unchecked.)

There is also another column in the report titled “Never Null”. A check-mark in
the “Never Null” column indicates that the field property “Reject Null value
input” is check-marked.

I believe your SQL search below is locating fields that are check-marked for
“Reject Null value input”, which is **not** what you intended to look for. You
want to locate fields for which the “Map NULL values to Blank values” is
unchecked. Exporting the structure to HTML, and examine the “Never Null”
column. Fields without a checkmark (other than UUIDs) will be fields whose "Map
NULL values to Blank values” is unchecked.

See the following for UUID fields:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16R2/4D/16-R2.1620/Field-properties.300-3123226.en.html#Paragraph_106190

Best regards,
Jeremy French

> On Feb 20, 2017, at 2:52 PM, bob.miller--- via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> I found that I had inadvertently
> unchecked "Map NULL values to Blank values" on a field definition.  I'd
> like to scan the database to see if I may have made the same mistake for
> any other fields.

and