Hi Keith,

> Is this meant as a reminder to 4D to not create a user interface for 4D
> Server?  ;-)   (4D may be working towards a headless 4D Server?)

That was meant as a reminder for the 4D Community to not activate the user
interface on service. Here is another reminder:
When 4D Server is launched as a service the 4D Server Administration is not
displayed; one must interact with the service and choose to display the Admin
Window from 4D's Window Menu. Interacting with the service is already
discouraged on the latest versions of Windows and one must modify the registry
to even see the service. In addition, we have discouraged creating interfaces
on the server for many versions/years (see forbidden and inappropriate commands
here: http://livedoc.4d.com/4Dv15.4/help/Title/en/page2759.html and a similar
list for v11: http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Serverv11.6/help/Title/en/page316.html)

> Retaining access to 4D Server's user interface is currently essential for
> system admins to be able to drop users or to see 4D error message dialogs
> that may have appeared on the 4D Server UI.
> Now I know you're going to tell me that you can use the 4D Remote
> Administration Window to do the drop-users thing.  Great, but how do you get
> to _that_ if all your 4D connection licenses are currently used up?  Catch-22

Yes, using the Administration Window on the 4D Remote (client) is the perfect
solution for this. As to your catch 22 the best answer is to purchase enough
license for your users, and then the 2 included licenses from 4D Server could
be used for Administrator and/or Designer related tasks. Neil and Tom have also
provided very good responses for this.

> Good to know that this has been fixed, so thanks.

The fixed versions are already available in the Nightly Build forums.

I hope this helps,

Tim PENNER