Robert,
I think it's still hardware dependent. I can say for certain you can't run
v13 on a new (OLED bar) MacbookPro period. But some folks upgrading older
machines had better luck.

And don't encourage Tom with respect to any kind of comment involving the
word 'lube'. Just don't.

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Robert ListMail via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I’m performing a clean install of OS X on my primary development machine,
> is it safe to use Sierra at this point? I do have one project in v12 that’s
> being upgraded to v15/v16….  any real trouble spots?  I was going to
> install El Capitan but there are some benefits to Sierra from the Apple
> eco-system. Should wear my goggles and go for it with WD-40 in hand?
>
> BTW: Tom Dillion that lube comment was hilarious!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
> > On Oct 6, 2016, at 2:01 PM, John Baughman <john...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > I know we had an early thread on this subject. Wondering if anyone has
> had any success developing in 4D (v13 and/or v15) with MacOS Sierra.
> >
> > I don’t mind moving up early with my development machine as long as
> there are no show stoppers. I can deal with any minor inconveniences.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > john

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA