> On Mar 20, 2017, at 12:45 PM, James Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
>  It would be nice if the tokenized method name could be used;

We need this in a lot of places. I think it could be as simple as a "Method
name" command that takes the tokenized name and returns the string.

Feature request here:

http://forums.4d.fr/Post/EN/17984703/1/17984704

> Since using these will require code to be in project methods instead of
> object/form methods (I hate the invisibility of object methods, but also hate
> the pollution of the single namespace with thousands of tiny code snippets
> relevant to a single item), is there any general recommendation on project
> method organization?

For automated form testing purposes, I'm thinking about writing some code that
generates one method with a giant case statement with all of the object
statement snippets. This way you only add one method per form and don't have to
change the way you write your code for forms. Just an idea at this point, but
seems like it would be simple to do.

> Especially with all methods sharing the same list, if I’ve opened a form
> method type-ahead is useless until I’ve closed the form methods “folder”.

Agree. I think it would help a lot if there was a setting to control
type-ahead. Even with short prefixes, I can't always type the prefix plus
underscore without 4D starting a new type-ahead search because I'm too slow
after the underscore. Often ends up search, then scroll.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.