Hello, the example in 4D documentation about LDAP Login uses
<http://doc.4d.com/4Dv15/4D/15/LDAP-LOGIN.301-2005970.en.html> a commonName
attribute for logging in.  At our institution we need to use
distinguishedName instead.  I have not found a way to retrieve a dn for an
object with 4D.  Does 4D support retrieval of a DN?

In a following .php code there is a ldap_get_entries command that will
retrieve a dn.  Is there something similar in 4D?

<?php

$connect = ldap_connect( 'ldaps://ldap.umn.edu', 636);
$filter = "(cn=colin*mcfa*)";

$base_dn = array("o=University of Minnesota, c=US",);

ldap_set_option($connect, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
ldap_set_option($connect, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);

$r=ldap_bind($connect);
if($r) {
echo "bind ok.\n";
}

$search = ldap_search([$connect], $base_dn, $filter)
or exit(">>Unable to search ldap server<<");

$returnArray = array();
foreach($search as $readItem) {
$info = ldap_get_entries($connect, $readItem);
var_dump($info);
}

--
Tonu Mikk
Adaptive Technologist | Disability Resource Center |