> -- You've got a preemptive thread.
> -- It can't run a variety of commands.
> -- You push over some illegal code via CALL WORKER.
> -- 4D's is meant to EXECUTE the cooperative (illegal) code in the
> preemptive (multi-core) context.
>
> What happens? Not what I feared, not what I expected, not what I want, and
> not what's documented.

Please tell us. Inquiring minds want to know.

> I'm curious what a) people thing should happen, b) what people want to have
> happen), and c) what other people see does happen.

I want it to work unless a non-preventive command is executed. Then it should
crash with an informative error message :).

Personally, I thought the design was wrong to prevent code from compiling. We
have plenty of documented cases that are not allowed and if you ignore them
your application will crash. But it is easy enough to write one method that
works in different contexts that does the right thing. The preemption
restrictions require maintaining duplicate code where you have functionality
that needs to work in preemptive and non-preemptive contexts.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.