Hello,

in general, only the source files (plain text) are expected to be under
source-control,
as well as common format documents such as PDF or images.

large binary files are expected to be published under "Releases".

4D is an unusual case,
because the source code (the structure file) is actually a binary file.

ideally, the built plugin (bundle) should be under "Releases",
the C files under source-control,
and the unit test structure should be written to build itself
by importing method code from a set of external text files.

but as of today, I am just publishing my local workspace "as is".
it is terribly bad practice...