Maybe not helpful, but I gave up on PDFCreator long ago because of
inconsistencies like this.

We moved to Win2PDF and life is much more sane. It works right out of the box
and was easy to implement.

True, it’s not free, but in 6 years I’ve only had to contact their tech support
people 2 times and they fixed my problem quickly and easily.

The $30 (or $35) that it costs is extremely cheap next to the amount of time
spent trying to figure out what the heck PDFCreator is doing, especially the
intermittent nature of what you’re seeing.

Also, you could upgrade to Windows 10 which has a built-in option that seems be
working well.

Having been where you are, I just wouldn’t spend time trying to fight
PDFCreator.

Randy

Randy Jaynes
Senior Programmer and Customer Support