I use constants in components all the time and I have never experienced
this problem. If you regenerate constants often, perhaps just to make a
minor spelling change, perhaps the modified constants are not tokenised.All
my constants start with 'k', so I do a search and replace of 'k' (case
sensitive) and replace with 'k'. That tokenises everything.

Also, if the component has been compiled and the constants are only used in
the component, this component code is executed on startup in the host db:

*If *(*_pgComponentIsCompiled_bGET *)

*_pgOnHostStartup *

*End if *

where *_pgOnHostStartup *deletes the constants file. That way the constants
are not visible in the host db.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> One more detail: No component code is being invoked. I removed all startup
> code in the host. No matter, you still get the error. Compiled only.

Jim Dorrance
jim.dorra...@gmail.com
4...@dorrance.eu
www.4d.dorrance.eu

PS: If you know of anyone that needs an experienced 4D programmer to add
energy and experience to their team, please let me know. I have
experience in many areas. Reasonable rates. Remote or Paris only.